There’s more to Weymouth than just a beautiful beach and all that goes with it!
Things To Do
Here at Acqua Beach we’ve put together a list of attractions from around the area to suit all. From toddlers to grannies and everyone in between, the Jurassic Coast has something to offer!
- Kids of all ages (including us big kids) will love the Sealife Centre (about 5 mins away) The Ocean Tunnel is amazing with sharks swimming all around and overhead! Just think of Jaws 3!
- Monkey World is only 25 mins away – check out the silver back gorillas; chimps and orangutans. You can even adopt a chimp! (but you can’t take him home!)
- Splashdown – even if it’s not sunny you can still wear your cozzie!!
- Something for Dad – Bovington Tank Museum……a very interesting day out – no, really!!
- Something for Mum – fancy a new hair ‘do’ while Dad takes the kids out? Head to Thomas J William Hair Design for something truly fabulous and relax……..sigh….
- For Weymouth’s friendliest Italian, you only have to walk about 100m along the road to Enzo’s
Feeling adventurous? Check out the following high octane activities…………
- Jurassic Trails Cycle Hire can provide you with a route and a bike, and a guide if you wish, there’s routes suitable for all the family with tagalongs available too.
- Windsurf at OTC at the Sailing Academy, try your hand at windsurfing or stand up paddleboarding, perfect for groups or just on your own…
- Zorbing South in Dorchester…bounce down the hillside inside a giant rubber ball! We know…….we know……but trust us, it’s fun!!
- Dorset Snowsport Centre, Warmwell – Yup, honestly ~ skiing in Dorset!
- Jurassic Coast Activites – experts in all things wet and windy!
- Rock & Run – climb up the cliff-face on Portland then abseil back down…whew!!!!