This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for AcQuA Beach Weymouth
AcQuA Beach Weymouth is a Grade II listed B&B located directly on Weymouth’s historic esplanade with magnificent sea views from many of the guest bedrooms as well as the dining room and cocktail bar; Bar AcQua We are a 5 minute walk from the main shopping area, coach and bus stops and also Weymouth railway station with direct services to London.
We offer 14 en suite bedrooms which cater for singles, couples, families and groups alike. Two of the guest rooms are on the ground floor. We also have a gorgeous cocktail bar Bar AcQua adjacent to the dining room and cater for a variety of dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan and coeliac.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01305 776900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us, please see the directions on our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.theaa.com; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is DT4 7EY to get directions
- The nearest railway station is Weymouth, which is 5 minutes walk. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance
Car Parking and Arrival
- There are 2 parking spaces in the driveway to the rear of the building approximately 20m/66ft from the front door.
- The driveway has a gravel surface with a pavement leading around the building to the front door. This is well lit at night by street lighting.
- On street parking is available and we have 6 parking permit that guests can reserve. Street parking can be busy during the day from 8am, but spaces are usually available after 4pm. There is street lighting.
- Blue badge holders can park in any permit spaces without a parking permit and there are 2 disable parking bays directly behind the building by the surgery.
- * There are 8 steps to the front door with wrought iron handrail on the left side and a stone balustrade on the right hand side.
- * The front door is 860mm/34ins wide.
- * Assistance can be given with luggage.
- * Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- * Seating is available in the adjacent bar or dining room with upright chairs or banquette seating.
- * The flooring is laminate.
- * The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting and wall lights.
- * A pen and pad of paper are available on request.
- * Guests are shown the bar, dining room and their bedroom.
- * There is 1 single and 1 double bedroom on the ground floor, with step free level access from the front door. On the first floor there are 4 rooms with double beds and 1 room with twin beds that are reached by stairs only.
- On the second floor there are 4 rooms with double beds and 1 room with twin beds that are reached by stairs only.
- * The doors to the ground floor bedrooms are 800mm/31.5ins wide, the others are 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- * Furniture can be easily removed or rearranged in ground floor rooms only.
- * An extra bed for use by an assistant/friend or other family member is available in the ground floor bedroom.
- * The height of all of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 450mm/17.7ins.
- * Rooms are bright and evenly lit. Bedside lamps are also in each room. An additional reading lamp is available on request.
- * All of our bedrooms offer the following: Lighting as above, good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, all bedding is non-feather, widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and audio description facilities.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- * All rooms have en-suite shower rooms. The ground floor bedroom en-suite shower-room offers the following:
- * Door opening to the toilet is 800mm/31.5ins.
- * There is a step of 200mm/8ins into shower.
- * The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- * The wash basin height is 800mm/31.5ins.
- * Standard taps on the washbasin.
- * Well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over mirror.
- * Good colour contrast between the doors, floor, walls and towels.
- * Non-slip laminate flooring.
- * The doors to the bathrooms in the other bedrooms are 750mm/29.5ins wide. They all have the same lighting, standard taps and flooring as above. All bathrooms have good colour contrast as above.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- * All public areas, halls, stairs, landing, are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- * There is short pile carpet on the stairs, hall and landing.
- * There is a continuous flight of thirteen steps to the first floor with a handrail on one side followed by a single step to the hallway leading down to one double and one twin room. The first floor is split and the other three double rooms are located up another continuous flight of 7 steps from the level half landing. The second floor is located up another continuous flight of 11 steps. This leads to a level hallway leading to another twin and a double room. The second floor is split and the other three double rooms are located up another continuous flight of 10 steps from the level half landing.
Public Areas – Lounge
- * The guest lounge (Bar AcQuA), is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.
- * The door opening to the dining room is 800mm/31.5ins wide.
- * The room has a mixture of seating with banquette seating in the bar, 4 bar stools and 3 low coffee tables. In the adjacent dining room, there are 34 upholstered chairs without arms.
- * Lighting is natural daylight with dual aspect Georgian sash windows with overhead lighting used as well as wall lights and led lighting around the bar and coloured phased led lighting around the banquette seating.
- * The flooring is laminate throughout the bar and dining room.
- * There is a small unisex toilet, with one sink and hand basin, down the corridor from the entrance and adjacent to the dining room and Bar AcQua on the ground floor.
- * The toilet door opening is 680mm/26.5ins.
- * There is level entry but no space to the side of the toilet.
- * The toilet height is 400mm/15.7ins.
- * The toilet is well lit with a single fluorescent overhead light.
- * There are standard taps on the basin.
- * The dining room is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from the front door and stairs.
- * The door opening to the dining room is 840mm/33ins wide and it is level throughout.
- * Lighting is natural daylight with overhead and wall lighting used as well.
- * The flooring is laminate.
- * We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- * Breakfast is served but you can help yourself to fruit juices cereals, including homemade granola, fruit and yoghurts
- * Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- We are planning a review of our website next year to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with this project.
|Address (Inc postcode):||AcQua Beach Weymouth 131 The Esplanade Weymouth Dorset DT4 7EY|
|Hours Of Operation:||7am to 10pm 7 days a week|
|Local Carers:||Altogether Care www.altogethercare.co.uk 21 Glendinning Ave, Weymouth 01305 206 143|
|Local Equipment Hire:||Weymouth Mobility 42 St. Mary’s Street, Weymouth 01305 760575 www.weymouthmobilityltd.co.uk|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||Weyline taxi 01305 777777|